The Savoy Ballroom was the soul of Harlem, and kept Lenox Avenue jumping for decades. It was a block long, dripping with glittering crystal chandeliers and an elegant marble staircase, and is known for having birthed the Lindy Hop. The glamour and excitement of nights on that iconic dance floor are beautifully reflected with a luscious overture of blackcurrant, tart mandarin, crisp green apple and juicy pear evolving into a flirtatious floral heart of Lily of the Valley and jasmine petals. Sensual sandalwood and sheer musk bring warmth to perfectly balance this intoxicating blend.
Top: Ozone, Cassis, Mandarin
Mid: Lily of the Valley, Pear, Apple, Jasmin
Bottom: Musk, Sandalwood
Diameter: 4 inHeight: 5 inBurn time: 80 hours
We want your Harlem Candles to give you joy and light while filling your space with beautiful aromatic notes that inspire love, creativity and relaxation. For the most effective way to do this, please follow our candle care tips below.
- When lighting for the first time burn until wax melts across entire surface to the sides of vessel (this prevents tunneling, and creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s ‘life’) This may take up to 2-4 hours.
- Trim wick to ¼ of an inch before each burn to promote an even burn, steady flame and limit sooting/mushrooming of wick.
- To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle more than 4 hours at a time.
- Trim the candle wick after each burn. This is very important to prevent the candles from smoking on the next burn or from burning the sides of the glass. We recommend trimming them to 1/4th to 1/8th of an inch each time. Invest in a good pair of wick trimmers that will cut and remove the excess wick cleanly.
- If soot ever forms on the inside of the vessel, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.
- Please keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip wick into melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. Do not blow out.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting.
- To maximize scent throw, burn in desired space for 30 mins with the door closed. Open windows and doors will disperse scent.
- Always store your candles in a cool, dark and dry place. Avoid placing your candles where they will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting.
- Remove dust and fingerprints from a candle by gently rubbing the surface with a piece of nylon or a soft cloth. The cloth can be dry or slightly dampened with water.
- Do not burn your candle all the way down. Always leave at least ½ inch of non-molten wax at the bottom.
- Always burn candle within sight
FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS IN THE U.S. OVER $200