PRIVACY AND POLICY
Thank you for choosing to be a part of our community at Matriark, LLC (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE
Summary: We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide for use including name, contact information, passwords, and payment info.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide us when using our Site, signing up to receive our Newsletter, shopping at our Stores or when using certain other Services, with you expressing an interest to obtain information and content from us or otherwise engaging with us.
The personal information we collect depends on your interactions with us and which of our services you use. We may collect the following information:
- Name and contact data (including passwords and similar data)
- Payment Data (all data related to your credit card, billing address, etc.). All payment data is stored with our payment processor, and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment process directly to respond to your questions.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
Summary: Some information, such as IP addresses and browser characteristic – is automatically collected when you use our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our Site, receive our Newsletter or use our Services. This information does not include your specific identity, but could include device information, such as IP address, country, language preferences, referring URLs, etc. This information is primarily used for our business analytics and reporting purposes.
Like most websites, we collect information through cookies. Cookies are small bits of information that are stored on your computer that contain certain information and browsing preferences.
USING YOUR INFORMATION
Summary: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Site, Newsletter, Stores and Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process: If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process. See the section below headed “Social Logins” for further information.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes: We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our emails at any time (see the “Your Privacy Rights” below).
- To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual: We may use your personal information to send you product, service, invitations, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders for Contractual reasons: We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Site, Newsletter, Stores and Services.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you for our Business Purposes: We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Administer prize draws and competitions for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent: We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent: We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Site, Newsletter,Stores and Services.
- To protect our Sites for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons: We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm: If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes: We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, Newsletter, Stores, Services, products, marketing and your experience.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Summary: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, Newsletter, Stores and Services which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites, Newsletter, Stores and Services over time.
This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand in-store and online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Sites. These companies may use information about your visits to our Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to the Site and Services) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site and Services, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site and Services in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our Site and Services and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Site and Services, and view your profile.
Summary: If you choose to register or log in to our websites using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Site may offer you the ability to register and login using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but may include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public. If you login using Facebook, we may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
Summary: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Site, Newsletter and Services from outside United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “Disclosure of Your Information” above) in other countries.
Summary: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
Summary: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Site, Newsletter, Stores and Services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
COLLECTING INFORMATION FROM MINORS
Summary: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years ofage. You represent that you are at least 18 years old or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site, Newsletter, Stores and Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site, Newsletter, and Services.
Opting out of email newsletters: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us at email@example.com. You will then be removed from our email list; however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS
Summary: If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personalinformation in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have subscribed to our Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site and Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
GOOGLE USER DATA
The Site may use third party services to access your Google user data, but only upon your verification and consent to do so. You will be notified prior to accessing your Google user data and must authorize your account credentials before you can access your Google user data via the Site. The Google user data you use will not be stored or shared by us. The Google user data accessed by the Site is limited to user contacts and are used solely to allow you to email those contacts directly from the Site to, for example, invite your contacts to sign up for the Newsletter. We do not have access to your contacts.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Summary: We will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
- Matriark, LLC
2 Main Street, Suite 340 Sag Harbor NY 11963
Sign up for our Newsletter