Fork & Melon
FORK & MELON is a clean line of elevated skin and body care products, made with watermelon seed oil imported from France. Based in Southern California with a history of NYC and European influence, our brand stands for integrity, beauty, health, design, and ease. Every detail of our product line has been meticulously thought-through, with the purpose of bringing clean luxury to your everyday routine without making it complicated. Our clean and timeless aesthetic extends to all of our products and every element of our brand.
Not yet widely talked about, we discovered the wonders of watermelon seed oil when conducting initial research during the development phase of our very first product, our Fine Cleansing Wash for Body & Hands. Watermelon seed oil is a fine, light oil that absorbs quickly, and penetrates deeply into skin. It contains a multitude of nutrients that are incredibly beneficial for skin, health, and beauty, including linoleic and oleic acid, omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids, Vitamin A, B, and E, and a host of minerals, including magnesium, iron, copper, and potassium. FORK & MELON’s skin and personal care products harness this amazing oil to moisturize, clarify, smooth, detoxify, and promote/restore youthful appearance.
5 Powerful benefits of watermelon seed oil:
- Detoxification & Acne-Fighting. Watermelon seed oil deeply penetrates the skin and removes impurities, dirt and dead skin, making it an ideal oil for cleansing. Oils high in linoleic acid help to clarify pores by dissolving dirt and impurities, leaving your skin cleansed and nourished, helping with oily skin and acne by acting to clarify and remove excess sebum.
- Anti-Aging. The high linoleic and oleic acid content in watermelon seed oil also make it a dynamo in fighting wrinkles and premature aging. This oil contains a healthy amount of Vitamin E as well, a powerful antioxidant that fights free radical damage. The omega 6 essential fatty acids and phytosterols encourage new collagen production and cell regeneration in the skin.
- Good for All Skin Types. Watermelon seed oil works wonders for all skin types, as it is light, fast-absorbing, and clarifying for those with oily skin. But it's also nourishing and effective for dry skin, as it protects and moisturizes with antioxidants, minerals, and unsaturated fatty acids. Our clean, conscious formulas are wonderful on even the most sensitive skin as well.
- Fights uneven skin tone. Also known as hyperpigmentation, skin looks uneven when some areas of the skin have more melanin than others, which make some parts of the skin appear darker that the rest. Trace minerals and omega acids found in watermelon seed oil have been shown to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- De-puffs and promotes blood circulation. In addition to fighting free radical damage, the Vitamin E in watermelon seed oil also promotes blood circulation and has been shown to reduce puffiness in any area of the skin due to excess water retention.